For all of those who keep asking me “you’re into this mobile thing, right? What about this Google Phone?”.
Here are the facts. Nothing more, nothing less. Bottom line so far: Looks like it rocks!
- Manufactured by HTC
- 3.7″ OLED display (iPhone: 3.5″), 800 x 480 pixels
- Thin (59.8 mm thick) and Light (130 g w/ battery)
- Runs Android 2.1
- Voice-enabled keyboard lets you speak into any text field
- 5 mp camera with autofocus, zoom and flash
- Video capture 720×480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher
- Wifi and Bluetooth-enabled,
- GPS and Accelerometer included
- 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM, 4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
- Removable battery, talk time about 7 hours on 3g, standby 250 hours, audio playback 20 hours, video playback 7 hours
- Flash Player 10.1 (suck this, iPhone)
- Available on a Google-hosted web store, Google.com/phone
- $179 with T-mobile contract; $529 without service (you can insert your own SIM card). – US only
- Will soon be available on Verizon in the US and Vodafone in Europe
- Pre-installed with Google Maps (including Navigation), Google Voice, YouTube, and GMail.
The first of my readers who owns a Nexus One will be featured on here if he/she hands it to me 😉